Sunday 1 February 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my blog...

It's about Judo and me and my love of this great sport and martial art.
As this Blog progresses you will get the a selection of thoughts, rants and ravings on everything form rules changes to coaching to the day to day graft of running a club.
So here go I am 40 and have been doing Judo for 37 years. I did my first BJA grading in 1972! I am now a 2nd Dan and a professional coach.
I teach at Winchester College, The Army Training Regiment in Winchester, a couple of local primary school and at Gosport Judo Club. As such I suffer from the affliction of many coaches, a lot of mat time teaching and not enough training and working my my own Judo.
My Judo is developing and with the help of a couple of mentors I revisiting my entire Judo style, trying a much more upright relaxed stance. I will post videos and pictures and this blog progresses.
I am self financing a FdSC Sports Performance degree at Bath University in Judo, I am currently starting my second year, and hope that this blog can also be used as a place of reflection for my own coaching and development.
So I teach Judo, I fight at Masters level and I study Judo but I have a life out of Judo and that may be touch on but only as it reflects on my Judo.
I am a regular poster on the BJA forum and I intend to expand on some of my comment there in this Blog.

So here I am and I hope that you enjoy.....

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment